- 3,3 mm diameter
- 0 to +170 ° C
- Sensor of your choice
- 2000 mm cable
Measurement PTC thermistor probe
What are silicon PTC thermistor temperature probes?
Sensors temperature PTC silicon thermistors are PTC thermistors made of monocrystalline material. These sensors are used in drives, motors, equipment, industrial automation control for temperature sensing measurement and control function, using silicone PTC thermal property whose resistance increases with increasing linearity temperature.
The resistance of temperature sensors increases with increasing linearity temperature.
This type of probe displays a practically linear positive coefficient over their entire temperature range, guaranteeing very accurate temperature measurements.
Linearization resistance can be easily added where additional linearization is required. .
The material of construction of this measurement system is primarily semi-conductive monocrystalline silicone, sometimes referred to as silistors.
Because the temperature coefficient is positive, silicone PTC thermistor temperature sensors exhibit fail-safe operation when a system overheats.
In addition, the silicone is inherently stable, so the silicon temperature sensor is extremely reliable and has a very long operational life.
Characteristics of PTC silicon thermistor temperature sensors
Here are the main specifications of a silicon PTC thermistor meter:
- Temperature measurement range: -55C to +150 ºC. The AM-LPTC600 model can go up to +180°C.
- DO35 hermetically sealed glass housing, axial lead, Dumet wire, 2 wires.
- Thermal time constant: 21 seconds max in calm air.
- Dissipation factor: 1,5 mW / C.min.
- Maximum operating current: 8mA.
- Rated operating current: 2mA.
- Nominal power: 50 mW max.
- Typical resistance @ 25C 600 ohms, 1000 ohms, 1600 ohms, 2000 ohms. Other R25 resistors, such as 200 ohms, 3000 ohms, 4000 ohms can be produced on request.
- Silicon Temperature Sensor Replacement Information: NXP KTY84 KTY83 KTY81
GUILCOR linear PTC sensors are the perfect solution for replacing elements: KTY84-130, KTY84-150, KTY84-151, KTY81-110, KTY81-120, KTY81-121, KTY81-122, KTY81-150, KTY81-151 , KTY81-152, KTY83-110, KTY83-120, KTY83-121, KTY83-122, KTY83-150 , KTY83-151, KTY83-152.
The Benefits of Silicon PTC Thermistor Meters
The silicone measuring probe has a TK (temperature coefficient) which is nearly constant over the entire temperature range. Temperature coefficient: α25/50≥0,7%/C.
Excellent long-term stability, annual diversification rate≤0.01C/per year. Temperature drifts over the life of the silicone temperature probe are negligible.
GUILCOR silicone PTC thermistors temperature sensors can withstand more than + 200 ° C without damage.
Finally, silicone PTC thermistor measurement probes have the following advantages:
- small dimensions,
- available for ribbon,
- convenient for automatic installation.
Application of Silicon Linear PTC Thermistor Temperature Probe:
Widely used in detecting and controlling temperatures in drives and motors, spindles, inverters and control systems, etc.
This silicon sensor is widely used to measure temperature in wiring harnesses embedded in transmission units, vehicles, etc.
Here is more specifically the use of the silicon PTC thermistor temperature probe:
- Industrial automation control equipment;
- Detection and regulation of the temperature of household appliances;
- Temperature compensation of silicon semiconductor devices;
- A/D converter temperature compensation;
- Micro motor timing control;
- Automotive temperature sensing and control;
- Medical equipment temperature detection and control.
Silicon PTC Thermistors - Temperature / Resistance
|-55C||490 ohm||980 ohm|
|-50C||515 ohm||1030 ohm|
|-40C||359 ohm||567 ohm||998 ohm||1135 ohm|
|-30C||391 ohm||624 ohm||1073 ohm||1247 ohm|
|-20C||424 ohm||684 ohm||1153 ohm||1367 ohm|
|-10C||460 ohm||747 ohm||1242 ohm||1495 ohm|
|0C||498 ohm||815 ohm||1335 ohm||1630 ohm|
|10C||538 ohm||886 ohm||1437 ohm||1772 ohm|
|20C||581 ohm||961 ohm||1547 ohm||1922 ohm|
|25C||603 ohm||1000 ohm||1600 ohm||2000 ohm|
|30C||626 ohm||1040 ohm||1654 ohm||2080 ohm|
|40C||672 ohm||1122 ohm||1772 ohm||2245 ohm|
|50C||722 ohm||1209 ohm||1901 ohm||2417 ohm|
|60C||773 ohm||1299 ohm||2033 ohm||2597 ohm|
|70C||825 ohm||1392 ohm||2165 ohm||2785 ohm|
|80C||882 ohm||1490 ohm||2302 ohm||2980 ohm|
|90C||940 ohm||1591 ohm||2448 ohm||3182 ohm|
|100C||1000 ohm||1696 ohm||2591 ohm||3392 ohm|
|110C||1062 ohm||1805 ohm||2730 ohm||3607 ohm|
|120C||1127 ohm||1915 ohm||2850 ohm||3817 ohm|
|130C||1194 ohm||2023 ohm||2988 ohm||4008 ohm|
|140C||1262 ohm||2124 ohm||4166 ohm|
|150C||1334 ohm||2211 ohm||4280 ohm|
Installation and handling recommendations
Excessive forces applied to a PTC thermistor temperature sensor can cause serious damage. To avoid this, the following recommendations should be observed:
- No perpendicular force should be applied to the glass body;
- During folding, the wires must be held;
- Axial forces on the body can influence the accuracy of the sensor and should be avoided;
- Avoid any force on the body or the leads during or immediately after welding;
- Do not correct the position of an already soldered sensor by pushing, pulling or twisting the body;
- Prevents too rapid cooling after welding;
- For hand soldering, where the fixture is not on a circuit board, the soldering temperature should be <300°C, the soldering time <3s, and the distance between the body and the soldering point > 1,5mm;
- The minimum suitable lead wire length should be ≥ 8 mm;
- In bending the lead wire, the bending point should be more than 2mm away from the glass body part.