Linear PTC thermistor probe
What are silicon PTC thermistor temperature probes?
Sensors temperature PTC silicon thermistors are PTC thermistors made of monocrystalline material. These sensors are used in drives, motors, equipment, industrial automation control for temperature sensing measurement and control function, using silicone PTC thermal property whose resistance increases with increasing linearity temperature.
PTC silicone thermistors The resistance of temperature sensors increases with increasing linearity temperature, displays a positive temperature coefficient practically linear over their entire temperature range, guaranteeing very precise measurements.
Linearization resistance can be easily added where additional linearization is required. .
The building material is mainly semiconductor monocrystalline silicone, sometimes called silistors.
As the temperature coefficient is positive, the silicone temperature sensors operate with fail-safe when a system overheats.
In addition, the silicone is inherently stable, so the silicon temperature sensor is extremely reliable and has a very long operational life.
DO35 hermetically sealed glass housing, axial lead, Dumet wire, 2 wires.
PTC thermistor temperature sensor made of small silicone, waterproof, available for tape, practical for automatic installation.Read more
Characteristics of PTC silicon thermistor temperature sensors
The silicone temperature sensors have a TK (temperature coefficient) which is almost constant over the entire temperature range. Temperature coefficient: α25 / 50≥0,7% / C.
Excellent long-term stability, annual diversification rate≤0.01C / per year, temperature drifts during the lifetime of the silicone temperature sensor are negligible.
Temperature measurement range: -55C to + 150C. AM-LPTC600 can up to + 180 ° C.
GUILCOR silicone PTC thermistors temperature sensors can withstand more than + 200 ° C without damage.
Thermal time constant: 21 seconds max in calm air.
Dissipation factor: 1,5 mW / C.min.
Maximum operating current: 8mA. Nominal operating current: 2mA.
Nominal power: 50 mW max.
Typical resistance @ 25C 600 ohms, 1000 ohms, 1600 ohms, 2000 ohms. Other R25 resistors, such as 200 ohms, 3000 ohms, 4000 ohms can be produced on request.
NXP KTY84 KTY83 KTY81 Silicon Temperature Sensor Replacement Information
GUILCOR linear PTC sensors are the perfect solution for replacing elements KTY84-130, KTY84-150, KTY84-151 and others KTY81-110, KTY81-120, KTY81-121, KTY81-122, KTY81-150, KTY81-151 , KTY81-152, KTY83-110, KTY83-120, KTY83-121, KTY83-122, KTY83-150, KTY83-151, KTY83-152.
Widely used in temperature detection and control in drives and motors, spindles, inverters and control systems, etc.
This silicon temperature sensor is widely used in cable harnesses integrated into transmission units, vehicles, etc.
Silicon PTC Thermistors - Temperature / Resistance
|-55C||490 ohm||980 ohm|
|-50C||515 ohm||1030 ohm|
|-40C||359 ohm||567 ohm||998 ohm||1135 ohm|
|-30C||391 ohm||624 ohm||1073 ohm||1247 ohm|
|-20C||424 ohm||684 ohm||1153 ohm||1367 ohm|
|-10C||460 ohm||747 ohm||1242 ohm||1495 ohm|
|0C||498 ohm||815 ohm||1335 ohm||1630 ohm|
|10C||538 ohm||886 ohm||1437 ohm||1772 ohm|
|20C||581 ohm||961 ohm||1547 ohm||1922 ohm|
|25C||603 ohm||1000 ohm||1600 ohm||2000 ohm|
|30C||626 ohm||1040 ohm||1654 ohm||2080 ohm|
|40C||672 ohm||1122 ohm||1772 ohm||2245 ohm|
|50C||722 ohm||1209 ohm||1901 ohm||2417 ohm|
|60C||773 ohm||1299 ohm||2033 ohm||2597 ohm|
|70C||825 ohm||1392 ohm||2165 ohm||2785 ohm|
|80C||882 ohm||1490 ohm||2302 ohm||2980 ohm|
|90C||940 ohm||1591 ohm||2448 ohm||3182 ohm|
|100C||1000 ohm||1696 ohm||2591 ohm||3392 ohm|
|110C||1062 ohm||1805 ohm||2730 ohm||3607 ohm|
|120C||1127 ohm||1915 ohm||2850 ohm||3817 ohm|
|130C||1194 ohm||2023 ohm||2988 ohm||4008 ohm|
|140C||1262 ohm||2124 ohm||4166 ohm|
|150C||1334 ohm||2211 ohm||4280 ohm|
Application of linear PTC thermistors to silicon:
- Temperature detection and controls in drives and motors, spindles, inverters, etc.
- Industrial automation control equipment.
- Detection and regulation of the temperature of household appliances.
- Temperature compensation of silicon semiconductor devices.
- A / D converter temperature compensation
- Micro motor synchronization control.
- Detection and temperature control in the automobile.
- Detection and control of the temperature of medical equipment.
Precautions for applying silicon sensors
- The minimum length of the conductive wire suitable for must be ≥ 8 mm.
- When bending the lead wire, the bending point must be more than 2 mm from the part of the glass body.
Installation and handling recommendations
Excessive forces applied to a sensor can cause serious damage. To avoid this, the following recommendations should be followed:
- No perpendicular force should be applied to the glass body
- During folding, the wires must be held
- Axial forces on the body can influence the accuracy of the sensor and should be avoided
- Avoid any force on the body or the wires during or just after welding.
- Do not correct the position of an already welded sensor by pushing, pulling or twisting the body.
- Prevents too rapid cooling after welding.
- For hand soldering, where the mounting is not on a printed circuit board, the soldering temperature should be <300 ° C, the soldering time <3 s and the distance between the body and the point of welding> 1,5 mm.