The KNS 110A series of temperature sensors are designed to measure the temperature of the outside air. In the application segment of rail vehicles, sensors are used, for example, to measure the air temperature in engine rooms of locomotives; it can be part of the temperature control system in the passenger compartments or is used to indicate the temperature in the engine room as part of the fire protection system.
The sensors consist of the plastic head, where the sensing element is placed. All metal parts are made of DIN 1.4301 stainless steel. The length of the rod is 25 mm. The input cable is connected to the terminal block via a grommet, which is part of the connection head. The base material of the head is LEXAN. The sensors can be used for all control systems compatible with the types of detection elements listed in the table of technical parameters. The maximum operating temperature range of the sensor is -40 ° C to 100 ° C. The sensor complies with the protection index IP 65 according to standard EN 60529, as amended.
The sensors are intended to operate in a chemically non-aggressive environment.
TESTS, DECLARATION, CALIBRATIONS
Type tests are carried out by a notified body according to standard EN 50155, as amended, Railway applications - Electronic equipment used on rolling stock, Art. 12.2.9, 12.2.11
- Insulation test according to EN 50155, as amended
- Shock and vibration tests according to EN 61373, as amended
The material of the plastic box and the PCB meets a set of requirements for R 24 materials according to Table 5 for the fire risk level HL1-HL2-HL3 of the standard EN 45545-2, as amended. . May be supplied with materials that meet NFPA 130 fire safety standard, as amended.
- variable rod design - length L
- Class-leading precision (except for Ni 10000/5000, Ni 10000/6180, T1 = Ni 2226, NTC 20 kΩ)
- possibility of coating non-standard temperature sensors (DALLAS, TSiC, KTY, SMT, TC etc.)
- possibility of enclosing two sensors
- possibility of 3-wire or 4-wire connection