RESISTANCE TEMPERATURE SENSOR WITH MEASURING ROD
Product features RESISTANCE TEMPERATURE SENSOR WITH MEASURING ROD
The KNS 120 series of temperature sensors are designed for measuring the temperature of liquid or gaseous substances. In the application segment of rail vehicles, sensors are used, for example, to measure the temperature of the outside air under the vehicle floor. For this, the sensors are equipped with a high mechanical resistance rod.
The sensors consist of the plastic head, where the sensing element is placed, and the metal measuring box. All metal parts are made of DIN 1.4301 stainless steel. The input cable is connected to the terminal block via a grommet, which is part of the connection head. The base material of the head is LEXAN. The sensors can be used for all control systems compatible with the types of detection elements listed in the table of technical parameters. The maximum operating temperature range of the sensor is -40 ° C to 150 ° C. The sensor complies with protection IP 67 according to EN 60529.
The sensors are intended to operate in a chemically non-aggressive environment.
TESTS, DECLARATION, CALIBRATIONS
Type tests are carried out by a notified body according to EN 50155 Railway applications - Electronic equipment used on rolling stock, Art. 12.2.9, 12.2.11
- Art. 12.2.9 according to EN 50155 - insulation test
- Art. 12.2.11 according to EN 61373 - shock and vibration tests
The material of the plastic connection head meets a set of requirements for materials R 24 according to table 5 for the fire risk level HL1-HL2-HL3 of standard EN 45545-2, as amended. May be supplied with materials that meet NFPA 130 fire safety standard, as amended.
- variable rod design - length L
- Class-leading precision (except for Ni 10000/5000, Ni 10000/6180, T1 = Ni 2226, NTC 20 kΩ)
- possibility of coating non-standard temperature sensors (DALLAS, TSiC, KTY, SMT, TC etc.)
- possibility of enclosing two sensors
- possibility of 3-wire or 4-wire connection