IP68 waterproof probes allow temperature measurement. But here, the IP 68 waterproof rating gives you the best level of protection against dust and splashing water.
And for good reason, the European standard EN 60529 indicates the applicable levels of tightness:
The first number corresponds to protection against dust or mold. They are listed as follows:
- 0: no protection
- 1: protection against solid bodies over 50 mm
- 2: protection against solid bodies over 12,5 mm
- 3: protection against solid bodies over 2,5 mm
- 4: protection against solid bodies over 1 mm
- 5: protection against dust and microscopic residues
- 6: maximum protection
The second number corresponds to the protection against water:
- 0: no protection
- 1: protection against vertically falling water droplets
- 2: protection against drops up to 15º from the vertical of water droplets
- 3: protection against drops up to 60º from the vertical of water droplets
- 4: protection against splashing water from all directions
- 5: protection against water jets (with a flow rate of 12,5 l/min ±5%)
- 6: protection against water jets (with a flow rate of 100 l/min ±5%)
- 7: protection against temporary immersion at a depth of one meter
- 8: protection against prolonged immersion at more than 1 meter
The IP68 waterproof sensors can be used in multiple situations requiring temperature taking in humid environments.
More specifically, they will be perfectly suited to extreme freezing and thawing situations. Thanks to their insulation materials, they are recommended in all situations where high humidity protection is required.
They can measure liquid or gaseous elements.
At Guilcor, you will find several IP68 waterproof measuring devices. However, we advise you to check the specifications of the meat probe. To help you, here are the characteristics of our devices:
- Sensor type: Pt100, Pt1000, NTC, thermocouple or other sensors on request.
- Measurement range: since IP68 waterproof temperature probes are more suitable for refrigeration conditions, the temperature range varies between -50 ºC and +200 ºC
- Resistance tolerance: Resistance tolerance: ±1% to ±10% (thermistors) or +/-0.3°C (RTD)
- Case length L: on request
- Insulation resistance: 100 Ohms at 1000VDC or more
- Diameter: 5 or 6 mm depending on the model
- Nature of conductors: copper
- Protection tube/shield: stainless steel/silicone (for some models)
- Housing: stainless steel
- Response time: from 12 seconds
- Wire resistance: 0,11 Ω for 1 m of cable
To find a thermal probe to measure temperatures in humid environments, count on Guilcor. We offer several models of IP68 waterproof sensors with a maximum level of protection.
As a bonus, you have the ability to customize your probe. So to get an offer tailored to your needs, all you have to do is contact us.
I can't find my probe , how can you help me?
We will always be able to offer you the reliable, precise and robust probe you are looking for.
On our website we present a wide variety of temperature probes. Know that you can also customize your product on all specifications or make a request starting from a technical drawing in order to create your probe. To this end, do not hesitate to contact us for a tailor-made offer. We then take care of delivering your temperature probe to you as soon as possible.