These sensors are used to measure indoor or outdoor environment temperature. They can be used for displaying the measured value or for connection to a building management system.
Our room sensors are mainly non-contact temperature sensors. That is, they use convection and radiation to measure changes in ambient temperature.
Every Guilcor indoor temperature sensor is characterized by proven quality.
Thus, all our room sensors are suitable for use in buildings, hotels, schools, theatres, offices and homes of all kinds. The indoor sensor then makes it possible to measure the temperature of an environment protected from humidity. We also speak of a dry atmosphere.
In concrete terms, the advantages of a programmable room thermostat are numerous:
- Comfort temperature: as humans want the most pleasant comfort possible, this type of probe perfectly meets the expected needs for regulating the temperature of the premises.
- Energy saving: by regulating temperature variations, the indoor sensor allows you to save energy. The idea is then to help you better manage your electric heating system (inertia radiators, underfloor heating) or non-electric heating (condensing or oil-fired boiler, heat pump, etc.). This regulation allows you to reduce your energy bill.
For indoor use, the measurement range of the temperature sensor is generally between 0 and 50 º.
In addition to use inside homes or premises, the room sensor can also be used to measure the outside temperature.
If you need an outdoor sensor, here is some information to know:
- The operating temperature ranges of the external probe are between -30 and 70°C, -30 and 100°C and -50°C and 100°C.
- These sensors require an IP65 rating when installed outdoors to withstand the weather. This index corresponds to equipment that is both dustproof and resistant to water jets (therefore rain).
- For outdoor thermometers, we recommend placing them on the coldest side of the building (north or northwest) to avoid direct sunlight.
Installing your room sensor is simple.
For an outdoor sensor, we advise you to install it to the north at a height equivalent to 2/3 of the building.
For an indoor room sensor, this will depend on the use of the premises. If the majority of people are standing like a hallway, we will advise a height between 160 and 180cm. If the majority of people are seated, we recommend a height of 80 to 100cm. The goal is always to regulate the temperature felt by people.
Have you found the room sensor model that meets all your needs? All you have to do is contact us to place your order.
I can't find my probe , how can you help me?
We will always be able to offer you the reliable, precise and robust probe you are looking for.
On our website we present a wide variety of temperature probes. Know that you can also customize your product on all specifications or make a request starting from a technical drawing in order to create your probe. To this end, do not hesitate to contact us for a tailor-made offer. We then take care of delivering your temperature probe to you as soon as possible.